These daily parenting affirmations can give you a new mindset in parenting.
Are you an accidental parent? Is your parenting strategy to face things as they come and when conflicts or hard times arise, you figure you will just deal with it then? Another way to say it is that you wing it as a parent because you have no goals or plans.
If you don’t have a target to aim for, you will hit nothing every time.
The alternative to wing-it parenting is to be a very intentional parent, one who has goals and who thinks through their responses and choices because they desire to do the best they can to raise good humans. They’ve thought about how they want their children to turn out and they are taking steps every day to reach those goals.
Parenting that way is a huge mindset shift from parenting just for today to parenting for tomorrow. It’s seeing daily opportunities to help your kids learn and grow and develop into independent, kind, honest people. It’s not just about getting through the day, it’s about looking for the lessons for your children in each day.
If you’d like to make that mindset shift, start by telling yourself these 6 things every day:
- My children don’t want or need perfect parents; they just need me.
- God gave my kids to me, that’s why I’m the best parent for them.
- I will embrace each day with my kids even the ones that don’t go as smoothly as I’d like.
- It’s okay to ask for help if I need it today.
- It’s okay to take care of myself; my kids need me to as much as I need me to.
- Good parents have dirty ovens, messy closets and laundry piles because they realize loving their kids is more important than a pristine home.
Tell yourself these truths every day, even if you don’t believe them at first. As you water your soul with them, they will eventually take root and grow and you will begin to see the mindset shift from stressful parenting to intentional and more joyful parenting.
If you’d like help to make your parenting less stressful and more effective, please schedule a free call with me here.